There's huge excitement in the sewing and dressmaking community as tonight is the first episode of The Great British Sewing Bee! We'll be tweeting along live, so do join us! This week is also very exciting because Issue 27 is available to buy in shops on Thursday! Your free templates can be downloaded with the link at the end of this post.
To celebrate we're launching our Summer Sewathon campaign to get everyone stitching and bring you an amazing range of patterns, discounts and competitions. Simply show your copy of Love Sewing in one of the 50 sewing shops listed in issue 27 and you'll get an instant 10% discount on sewing supplies!
You can also share your selfie online, just use the hashtag #ilovesewing
This issue comes with a free 5-in-1 wardrobe builder which has oodles of potential. Sew up a shirt dress, a suit set with blazer and straight-legged trousers, a cardigan and a simple skirt.
You will also find inside a copy of our essential guide to achieving the perfect fit with your dressmaking
What else can you find inside?
As always the magazine is crammed to the brim with inspiration, advice and great projects. Here are a few highlights!
- * The Great British Sewing Bee Batwing Top, shared from the new book which accompanies series 4.
- * Deborah Simms, a former contestant on GBSB has a fun baby Bug Mobile - sew up your own little bee!
- * Learn how to make a dramatic draped jersey skirt with Wendy Ward
- * Sew up a Cath Kidston holdall for your summer hols!
- * Make your own 'Dress-up Dorothy' doll
- * Happy Panda Tee pattern
- * A round up of top kids patterns
- * Melissa Fehr takes you through DIY sportwear
- * Elisalex de Castro peake shares her tips on sewing sequins
- * Alison smith MBE shows you how to make triangular button holes
Download your free templates today!