Love Sewing Issue 6 – The Wiggle Dress Issue!
Introducing the Eva Wiggle Dress!
Issue 6 is in the shops today! Let us know if you have already got your copy, send us a tweet or post on our Facebook wall, we can’t wait to hear what you think of all the patterns and features included! Just like subscribers Lucy and Louise already have! (if you subscribe to Love Sewing you’ll get the magazine posted a few days earlier)
Just had a quick flick through my Love Sewing Mag whilst having a cuppa & it’s my favourite one yet! So many great tutorials @LoveSewingMag
— Louise (@louweezcreates) October 9, 2014
Will the Eva dress be as popular as the Ruby dress – What do you think?
This month’s free cover pattern is the Eva, a wiggle dress designed for Love Sewing by Eliza M, a British independent company specialising in easy-to-sew paper patterns based on authentic designs from the 1940s, 50s and 60s.
The clever, sexy and elegant cut of the wiggle dress skirt is designed to make the most of a woman’s curves, and looks great on all shapes and sizes. Incredibly easy to put together, you can also shorten or lengthen it as you wish – to ensure you get the maximum on-the-knee wiggle effect.
We made our version in a fabulous medium-weight scarlet jersey with two-way stretch (the stretch is essential!). Bengaline is a good alternative fabric, although avoid lightweight jersey. You will also need 40cm of 1m-wide iron-on, medium-weight interfacing and a 22” concealed zip.
Be sure to share your pictures with us! If you write a sewing blog let us know if you feature the magazine and we can share your post with all our fans!
What Else is in issue 6!
- 5 Free patterns & bonus template sheet.
- 55 makes & ideas with 7 projects to sew and wear Alison Smith’s dressmaking tips Magic Makes!
- Red Riding Hood cape & Halloween party projects Great Gifts
- Luxury pyjamas, purses, bags & more Bonus toy pattern
- Christmas sewing starts here!
- Mini-makes: Fast-Sew style you’ll love!
- Debbie Shore’s Guide to Easy Quilting Eco Sewing: How to Buy Green
- Save 30% on Eliza M patterns
- Expert Tips
- Quick fixes
- Step-by-step instructions